My Lovely Followers

Thursday 6 July 2017

Paper Smooches - Guest Designer for July

Hello!

I can't tell you how excited I am to be joining Paper Smooches as their Guest Designer for the month of July.

I just love their cute and quirky stamps and dies.

Lucky me I got to play with the whole of the July release....whooohooo!

I have 2 cards to share with you today, the first is using the new Dove Die, this die is so versatile that I used it to make 2 different cards, but you'll need to wait for a later post to see the other one.

As soon as I saw this and the Religious Words 2 Dies, I knew what I wanted to do.

The dove of peace is such an icon, and if you know the story of Noah's Ark, you'll know that along with the dove there was a rainbow at the end as a symbol of hope, so I knew I wanted to make my hope word rainbow coloured.


I started with a piece of watercolour paper, and stenciled some clouds on with Broken China Distress Ink and cut it out with a stitched rectangle die. Then I took some plain white cardstock and die cut the dove 4 times, and gluing the outline together, stacking them up for dimension.. Then I took one set of the interior dove pieces and sponged it lightly with Broken China distress ink, concentrating the ink close to the bottom part of the dove.

I took a small piece of watercolour paper and blended Distress Inks in Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Candied Apple. I sprayed this with some gold glimmer mist (which is not showing up in the photo but looks lovely IRL), and once dry I cut it out with the hope die. I cut it twice more using white cardstock and layered them together to give the effect of a chipboard word.

I cut a rectangle of rainbow coloured patterned paper and stuck that to my card base and then adhered my panel to it with foam tape.

I stuck down my Dove and Hope dies to my panel and added a few gems to finish.

For my second card (I'm still all about the rainbow here) I took the same colours of distress inks and blended them on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, and then cut out 3 x with one of the
Pointers Dies I also cut a few extras in white cardstock.

Then I tool some plain white cardstock cut it with a rectangle die and used one of the Pointers Dies to cut out the apertures. I glued this to some black cardstock cut slightly larger than my rectangle.
.
I then started to add back my die cut shapes, keeping them in rainbow order and adding more layers with the white cardstock die cuts to some of the layers and less to others for more interest, and glued everything in place. Then I added this panel to my card base with some craft foam in between (you could use foam tape if you prefer).

I cut 4 x the Cheers die from the Birthday Words Dies in black cardstock, gluing them all together and then adhering the stacked die cut to my card.

I added a few bright enamel dots to finish.

For those in the UK, you can get your Paper Smooches fix over at Dies to Die for.

I do hope you like them, I'll be sharing more Paper Smooches creations from the July release over the coming weeks.

Thanks for much for visiting!




2 comments:

  1. How fabulous to be asked to GDT for Paper Smooches, that's awesome hun! Love both the card designs, but the rainbow chevrons caught my eye especially! Stunning effect and both fabulous CAS card designs. Gorgeous hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx