My Lovely Followers

Thursday 25 May 2017

Mermazing



Hello!

It's mermaids again from me today...well it is the weather for it in the UK this week!
I went for something much simpler than my previous card this time, starting by making a cardbase (A2) from MFT Limelight card stock. Then I took some Tim Holtz watercolour paper (I like this when there will be a lot of white space as it is a bright white), and did some ink smooshing. I used distress inks in Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron and set that aside to dry.

I stamped one of the images from MFT's Mermazing stamp set on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper and coloured her with my Zig markers (I really need to start noting down colours for these).
 I do the skin with my distress markers in Vintage Photo, as it works better for me than the zig markers for flesh tones.
I added a little wink of stella to her tail for a bit of sparkle, which of course does not show up on the photo, and cut her out with the matching die from the MFT Mermazing Die-namics.
Then I used the stitched rectangle die from MFT Blueprints 20 to trim my ink smooshed background added some splashes of white acrylic paint and adhered it to my card base.

I decided where I was going to position my mermaid and then stamped a sentiment with some Black Onyx Versafine ink before popping her up with some foam tape.

Finally I added a few clear gemstones and sequins to finish.

Items Used:

MFT Cardstock Limelight
Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper
Distress Inks Peacock Feathers & Twisted Citron
Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper
Versafine Black Onyx
MFT Mermazing Stamp Set
Zig Markers 
Vintage Photo Distress Ink Marker
MFT Mermazing Die-namics
Wink of Stella
White Acrylic Marker
Glue
Foam Tape
Clear gems and sequins.

I hope you like my card today and that it may have released your inner mermaid.

Thanks so much for visiting!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, your card is so wonderful. Love the cute image. Great colours too.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous Linda. I love the background and the mermaid is so cute.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx