My Lovely Followers

Saturday 13 May 2017

Hey Gullfriend

Hello!

No Saturday Spotlight today, I have decided to make these fortnightly rather than every week as there's a bit of work to both these posts and the CASE a card Monday posts that follow, and because I have such a lot of other stuff to share with you,  so keep an eye out for the next of these posts on Saturday 20th.

In the meantime I have a simple card I made using the new MFT Seaside Seagulls set. I just love this set they are sooooo much fun, and the sentiments are a hoot too, which makes him indoors roll his eyes, but that just makes them even more fun lol!


I started with a US A2 size card base made from smooth white cardstock, and adhered some patterned paper cut with a large scalloped rectangle die. I've listed all the items at the end of my post, I haven't added links, but I bought all my MFT goodies at Dies to Die for.

I then took a piece of watercolour paper, my cloud stencil and several colours of Distress Ink (I used Tumbled Glass, Abandoned Coral, Shaded Lilac and Blueprint Sketch), to stencil my sea and sunset tinged clouds. To do the waves you just turn the stencil upside down!


Once I was happy with how it looked, I cut it out with a rectangle die and glued this onto my patterned paper.

I then stamped 2 of the gulls onto some Strathmore Bristol Smooth. I coloured them in with my
Zig Markers using Light Grey, Dark Grey and Bright Yellow and cut them out with the
matching die-namics.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the set onto a scrap of smooth white cardstock and cut a frame from a scrap of the patterned paper I'd used for the base.

I glued the frame over the sentiment and then stuck it down in the centre of my inked rectangle. I arranged the gulls and popped them up with some foam tape.

I finished the card off with a few sparkling clear sequins in different sizes

Items and Equipment Used

Smooth White Cardstock
MFT Calm and Cozy Chevrons 6 x 6 Pad
MFT Blueprints 20
Tim Holtz Watercolour Paper
MFT Cloud Stencil
Various Distress Inks (colours mentioned in post)
Ink Blending Tool and Sponges.
MFT Double Stitched Rectangles STAX
MFT Seaside Seagulls Stamp Set
MFT Seaside Seagulls Die-namics
Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens
Size 2 Watercolour Brush
MFT Rectangle Word Window Frame Die-namics
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins
Paper Trimmer
Scoring Board and Bone Folder
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
Misti Stamping Tool
Double Sided Foam Adhesive Tape
Collall Multipurpose Glue
Ranger Multi Medium Matte
Craft Tweezers

That's all for now, thank you so much for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful, i love this stamp set.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a fabulous job of this card Linda... love those seagulls of course, and your wonderful sky/sea background! You're showing me up as this is another set that sits on my desk, as yet, unstamped!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so well trained in making CAS cards that they turn out perfect every time! Sweet gulls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card. Love your wonderful background.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx