My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Hello

Hello!

I've been busily colouring in some new images for the Whimsy Stamps May release (next week, can't wait to share them with you), so for this post I thought I would take a break from the gloriously cute images and go all grown up on you, with a card made purely with Whimsy dies (apart from that teeny sentiment) 

This card was inspired by a card from Laura Bassen. You can find the original card on Laura's blog here. As I mentioned before on my Saturday Spotlight on Laura, (if you missed that you can find it here), not only does she make the most fabulous cards, her personality totally shines through in her YouTube videos. She's so FUN! She really makes me laugh and you can totally see her joy in crafting and in life on general, I just love her sunny and slightly loopy persona.


Anyhooooo.... on with today's card. When I saw Laura's card I immediately thought of the honeycomb pattern die from Whimsy Stamps and I thought it would be fun to use the same technique as Laura used with her Puncinella die. Note that I am thinking 'Punchinella' in a strong Italian accent.....go watch Laura's video on this and you'll see why lol!

I didn't add too much more to the card once the little hexagons were in place other then a little Hello sentiment, heat embossed in white on the aqua card I used behind my top layer, a little off cut strip of my blended card, a couple of skinny strips of my aqua card and a few sequins to finish.

I think it kind of looks a bit like DNA structure lol

Items Used

Smooth White Cardstock
Blue Lustre Cardstock
Watercolour Paper
Distress Ink Pads - Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough
Whimsy Hand Stitched Nested Rectangle Dies
Whimsy Honeycomb Pattern Die
Whimsy Stamps Happy Sayings Stamp Set
Versamark Ink
White Embossing Powder

That's all from me today, but I'll see you again soon. 

Thanks for dropping by!



2 comments:

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx