My Lovely Followers

Sunday 19 February 2017

Smile


Hello!

I've been having way too much fun playing around with my MFT stamps and dies recently (many still to be published), so I thought I'd try my hand at making something for one of their challenges.

Sketch 320 (wow that's a lot of sketches!) got me thinking a little. I toyed with the idea of playing with banners originally, but then I thought of using my new Snow Drifts cover up and just using the inside die cut pieces, trimmed to size to fit the sketch dimensions.



I used the Big Wavy Coloring Book background stamp to stamp my pattern in Versamark ink which I then heat embossed with white embossing powder on watercolour paper. Then I got to work blending strips of brightly coloured distress inks, (Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio. Blueprint Sketch, Picked Raspberry and Fossilized Amber),  before cutting them out with the Snowdrifts Cover Up die. Instead of mounting the strips directly to the card, I cut a rectangle of vellum using the large die from Blueprints 15, adhered them to that and then popped the whole thing up with foam tape, hiding it beneath the strips so that it didn't show beneath the vellum. Then I die cut the smile die from the Words for Friends die set, 3 times from white card and once from some ink blended cardstock in Twisted Citron and stacked and glued the letters. I cut a small piece of vellum with a die from the Stitched Mini Scallop Oval STAX and glued my word centrally across it then adhered the oval on top of my card, hiding the glue behind the letters.

To finish I used a few sequins.

The sketch I followed was 


if you want to follow along or enter yourself.

Thanks for dropping by!

8 comments:

  1. WOW Linda this is simply amazing to look at...you have to frame this work of art
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, what a beautiful card. I followed your links and I fell in love with the die and stamp. You did a bang up job with this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love your coloring and how you cut waves. Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card!
    Pinned
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524487048109/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love everything about your card, the colours are amazon. Great Job. Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this card on my newsfeed and popped in to say....this is GORGEOUS!!
    Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so striking and clever and gorgeous! The colour graduation is fabulous. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx