My Lovely Followers

Friday 27 January 2017

Thanks for Everything

Hello! 
I'm popping in today with a little Whimsy Stamps inspiration for you. I've used a stencil and my yummy, yumy Clarity stencil brushes to make a stenciled background with my distress inks using Mowed Lawn, Miled Lavender and Seedless Preserves. Love how soft this came out. The stencil is a Tim Holtz one, and I had to make the panel a little smaller than I normally would because the stencil is one of those tag ones, but I just loved the design. So I mounted it on some lovely purple paper cut with the largest of Whimsy Stamps Hand Stitched Nested Rectangles dies.


I used an older Whimsy die, the Thanks Large Word die and die cut this 3 times from white cardstock and then once more from the purple paper I used for the base and glued them all together to make a more dimensional word.
I cut 2 banners, 1 in the purple paper and 1 in vellum and then stamped my sentiment from the new Happy Sayings Clear Stamp set on the vellum with Versamark ink, adding white detail powder and heating until set and shiny. I layered the vellum over the purple paper so that the sentiment was easier to see, I think I should have used a bit less glue though as you can still see where it's seeped out a little under the words, but using vellum is still quite new to me so this is still a bit of a learning process.I attached the banners to my stenciled card and then adhered my die cut word slightly over lapping my vellum.

Then I adhered the whole thing to my base and added that to my card base. Finally I added one of Kay Fatula's gorgeous butterflies to finish the whole thing off.

I hope you enjoyed my make for today, thanks so much for popping by.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the butterfly and lovely background.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty Linda. Your stenciling turned out beautifully and the dimensional word is a great focal point.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work. I like how you popped up your sentiment. Must have been tricky to get the right placement. I really like your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the rich plum and green here Linda.. the beautifully soft stencilling looks perfect as the background to that perfect sentiment!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading your blog post I immediately had to google what clarity stencil brushes are. I love the soft stenciled background you created with them, so now I want some too. *sigh* You achieved a great contrast on your card and I really like how it turned out. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is stunning!! I feel like I'm looking at a piece of Flourite!! The colour gradation is perfect and just like a beautiful piece of Flourite. Stunning butterfly, so perfect to finish this gorgeous card with it's pretty matching colour combo. Love it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx