My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Saturated Canary Breeze in Blue

Hello there!

It's time for a new challenge theme over at Deep Ocean Challenge, and it's super easy this time as it's 'Anything Goes'

So I'm going to make a confession here, and I'm wondering if any others of you also do this.
Sometimes I stamp or print up a bunch of images with the intention of colouring them all up ahead of time ready to go on cards as and when needed. All well and good and fabulously organised you may think..........well think again, because what actually happens is I start colouring them and part colour them and then I get busy and work on other stuff that I need to do 'right now' and of course my poor partly coloured images languish, neglected and unused. So I'm trying to work my way through these before I stamp or print anymore.

Today is the turn of Breeze and I have to say that of all the stamps and digis I own, this is probably the one I've coloured the most, except maybe for Tiddly Inks 'You and Me'.

I thought I'd reprise a design I used for her before, but using a different Pion Collection in a different colourway, I've changed up a few other details as well such as card shape etc, but in essence it's the same basic design.

This is how it turned out


this was the original card.


I have to say straight up that I prefer the original card, ....everything actually from the colouring, to the warmer colours, the papers etc, and honestly I had a lot more time to spend on the original card and that definitely shows. But at least I've used up one of those abandoned images!

I do hope you can join in with our challenge and don't forget to check out the rest of the team's gorgeous makes here.

See you soon!

11 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of printed digis, which I know I will never color, so you are not alone :)
    Both of the versions of this image on your cards are beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a delight to see your cards Linda, love both versions but I agree the purple one jumps out at me more.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both cards, Linda! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card Linda! In my eyes both cards are beautiful and the DPs are gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! this is amazng card!
    love it!
    hugs
    Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "old" and the "new" cards in my opinion are fabulous both! Differents colours, papers and embellies, but they have same classy design and colouring! My favourite is that in purple, because I love this colour! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was definitely a design worth revisiting as it's soooo beautiful, and I love both colour combos. I will be honest and say I like the original slightly better but I think that might simply be because of the shape, as it's my all time fave shaped base! I have both the base shapes you used and I always love my cards with the base from your second card more than the other one...and then I feel so bad for the other shape that I don't love it as much - lol!
    All other aspects of your cards look equally beautiful from the pretty ribbons to the diamante embellie to the gorgeous flowers :-)
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are stunning Linda... but I think I have to opt for your recent card - I think it's the hair colouring that really tips the balance for me. Of course, your embellishments on both are perfection.

    I also get things half coloured, only to leave them for a little while as other things 'need' my attention, but often then when I return to it, I see something differently and change my mind on some of my colour choice. 'Indecisive' I think they call it!! LOL!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards. I think my favourite one is the original, just love the colours you've used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm guilty of this too. Wait ... I'm even worse ... I only print my images, store them in a folder and then forget about them. *oooops* I have plenty that I still need to colour. Hopefully I'll get around to do it (soon).
    Your cards look great. I like the original one, but I think the new one is amazing as well. :)
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. both are stunning, I love your colouring, papers and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx