My Lovely Followers

Thursday 14 July 2016

Whimsy July Release - Art by Mi Ran - Birthday Bridget


Hello everyone! I'm back today with the 2nd of my makes for the Whimsy Stamps July Release.  This time I coloured up a stamp from the Art by Mi Ran Collection called Birthday Bridget.


Isn't that cake hat fun?! She's a perfect stamp for birthday cards with the hat and the candle, and such fun to colour. I coloured her up with my Distress Ink markers and used some lovely bright pastel colours again, I'm loving these at the moment, maybe I'm channelling my inner wish for some summer weather lol.

I fussy cut the image and popped her up on some 3 mm foam tape for dimension and to make her 'pop'.

I just used 2 different sheets of design paper for this card, layering and alternating my die cut shapes, and I picked out the same 2 colours for my flowers.

No ribbon or lace today, just some lovely soft gathered trim, accented with a few flat back gems I coloured with Copics to match my papers.

I hope you like my make for today, don't forget to check out the FaceBook page as there is a rather fabulous contest going where you could win a place on the Whimsy Craft Retreat in September. Also check out our FaceBook Inspirations Group where we are sharing all the new release makes and having some fun games with prizes.

That's it from me for today, but I have lots more to share with you in the coming days, so stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card with fabulous colours and a gorgeous image!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing card. Love the image and your coloring. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy creating all this gorgeousness recently. Lovely image and super colours too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Linda... Beautifully coloured...
    Sylvie X
    I am your new follower ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we would all like some more Summery weather at the moment but I guess I'll have to make do with the lovely bright pastels on your blog too! They are really pretty shades and your DI marker colouring is just gorgeous :-0
    That's my favourite shaped base and I love how you have tucked the cheesecloth in between the layers...I would love to be able to do this but when I try it never looks this good :-(
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular in every way! The choice of colors and the embellies - perfection!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Colour Combo and great Image!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx