My Lovely Followers

Saturday 9 April 2016

Sugar Nellie - A Little Bit of Gossip

Hiya! Hope you are all off to a good start with your weekend.  I'm swinging in for a quick share with a card I made for one of my team at work, who asked if I could make a card for a 3 year old who loves fairies.

As you know it's not often that I take on commissions, but I do if they fit in with what I like to create and this one was perfect for me so I said yes. 

This is the card I made. The image is from Sugar Nellie, it's called A Little Bit of Gossip. I have a lot of fairy stamps and images, but their delicate little fairies seemed perfect for a 3 year old and she really suited distress ink colouring too I think.


I used some lovely papers from Lili of the Valley that I had in my drawer, and coloured her to coordinate with them, keeping my colouring very soft and delicate in keeping with the image.

Colours Used: Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Cracked Pistachio, Shaded Lilac, Mowed Lawn, Forest Moss, Fossilized Amber, Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Festive Berries.


I added Wink of Stella to the fairy's wings as well as the letters of the name and the wings of the butterflies, but as usual I could not get the camera to pick up the lovely sparkle, you can just about spot it on the butterfly wings on the pick below (bottom right corner).


I finished off with some lovely embellishments from The Ribbon Girl


I'm entering this card into the following challenge/s


Right that's all from me, time for coffee I think!

Enjoy your weekend :) xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh... I love fairies, too LOl and this one is just amazing! Really lovely card, with your adorable colouring and all the sweet details! The bit of sparkling looks great, as well the purple dotted lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning creation Linda. I love the two tone wings and the beautiful layers of paper. My favourite card shape too. So so pretty hun. Love it. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and pretty just perfect for a little girl of three. I love the pastel shades and delicate feel this card has.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very beautiful !
    love image and all details
    hugs
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Sugar Bowl and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx