My Lovely Followers

Thursday 18 February 2016

Wee Stamps - Sweetie - Inspirational Post for The Ribbon Girl

Morning everyone! Hope you are doing well. It's been very cold here recently, in fact when I finally got home from work last night, it was so cold my hands just couldn't craft....all my plans were completely awry. Luckily I'd finished this little cutie a couple of days ago.

This is Sweetie, one of Whimsy Stamps' new stamps from their Wee collection by Sylvia Zet. I just love Sylvia's sweet images and this one is no exception.



I coloured her with my distress ink markers on Langton hot press water colour paper.


Vintage Photo, Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Walnut Stain, Crushed Olive mixed with Bundled Sage, Hickory Smoke.

I you would like to see how I colour with Distress Ink markers, I've started a series of tutorials on my YouTube channel here. I gave her dress and wings a generous coating of Wink of Stella, but it's very hard to pick up on camera, you can just see some of it on the above close up shot.

I coloured her to match these lovely Maja Design papers from my stash.



I finished my cards with the following gorgeous embellishments from The Ribbon Girl.

Well that's all from me today, I do hope you liked my card, I have to admit that I'm really rather chuffed with it! :) xx

16 comments:

  1. This is just adorable, Linda! Love your shabby chic style and I must get out my larger dies to make shaped cards like this...so pretty! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card!
    so prtty colored image
    hugs
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous.... I'm always speechless looking your cards, expecially these with Sylvia Zan little girls, and this one is no an exception :) Amazing colouring and your design is a masterpiece!
    Thanks for the videos, they are very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's adorable and so is your card. Lovely colours and embellishments. Hope you warm up soon.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! She is a real cutie! Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the colour of her hair! The papers match perfectly and the design is as beautiful as ever!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow wow!!! Your work is always SO breath taking Linda.... This is no exception. Gorgeous work, and so much detail to look at. I Love it.
    Huggles,
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty card Linda and a lovely little image, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Licious.

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card, Linda. This image of Sylvia' I adorable. Your colouring is always superb--love the unique hair colour. Beautifully embellished.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Love the coloring and all the embellishments!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely project, Linda! Stunning! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This has a very Victorian elegance! Such a cute card! Thanks for playing with us this week at
    http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/

    Huggs
    Sandi


    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely spectacular!! I LOVE everything about it! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've showcased the new stamp fantastically. Definitely makes me wanna color her and put on a card too.


    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now she is so Sweet and Adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx