My Lovely Followers

Monday 22 February 2016

Precious Time for Noor! Design UK

Hi everyone. It's my last post for Noor! Design UK today as Tracy's guest and yep you guessed it, I'm running late again. The past couple of weeks have just been a hectic time, but luckily it should start calming down for me a bit next week. So as you can tell time is a precious thing to me at the moment and that leads us rather neatly into my project today.

I must admit that I was completely out of my comfort zone with this one as I don't really play with mixed media a lot. When Tracy first asked me if I fancied decorating one of the MDF clocks I thought I'd do something very steampunk inspired, but it really didn't work out. So I've been putting this one off till the end lol.
In the end I've gone for shabby chic with a bit of steampunk fusion with the addition of the gears and clock face die. I hope you like it.


I primed my clock with plenty of gesso before adding the paper, crackle glaze and gluing together.
Love that distress glitter, it's fabulous, mind you it get's everywhere lol!


I added lots of Crackle Glaze, I really like the way it adds interest here.


Adding some leaves in among your flowers really helps to break them up when you have a lot of them together, and adds extra interest.

and I finished off with a lock and key and more gesso.
Flowers, twine and pearls are from the Ribbon Girl and my stash.

I hope you like my make today, I've really enjoyed my time as a guest with Noor! Design UK, even if I have had to step out of my comfort zone at time. Thank you so much Tracy for inviting me.


8 comments:

  1. What an outstanding project. So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this clock is just adorable!!! Love it very much!! All the details look great, how many textures and interesting pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Mixed Media project Linda, always a bit daunting to step out of our comfort zone but you have risen to the challenge beautifully.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a fantastic job of it Linda! I must admit I don't like stepping out of my comfort zone, but be rest assured this is perfect!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeus!
    love colors and all details!
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<
    Fiki ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous in every way! I think Tracy should suggest you to stay on the team... I even sense that this is exactly what will happen :)

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rock being out off your comfort zone. This clock is AWESOME so many things to look at and the way you created every tinny piece Outstanding! P.S. I am back :) Catching up on your previous posts in the next couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx