My Lovely Followers

Friday 16 October 2015

Wee Stamps - Snowflake Dancer

Ok so.....make sure you're sitting down....I made another Clean & Simple card. I know right?!
Those of you who have been followers of mine for some time now will know how difficult I find these. This one was no exception, once I had the image coloured up and cut out I really struggled with it. I knew I wanted to keep it clean to showcase the beautiful drawing by Sylvia Zet but I kept feeling that I should add more. Luckily I resisted, because now it's finished I really love it.



I coloured her with my distress ink markers, this beautiful blue is one of the newer colours Blueprint Sketch and comes out quite Violet toned when diluted.


I outlined all the clothing hair and snowflakes with my Sakura Gelly Roll pen - Clear Star. This adds a wonderful soft metallic sparkle and I wish the camera would pick it up properly, because it looks so pretty in real life,


I had this sentiment stamp laying around in my drawer and it was the perfect size (and sentiment) for this card and just filled in a little bit of that white space without looking too fussy. The silver ink complemented the style of the painting perfectly I thought. 

Adhesive Gems - Seaside

That's all from me today but I'll be back to share more inspiration next week.
Have a lovely weekend! :) xx

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS card Linda!! I love the beautiful colour tones, I may just have to buy this colour. Well done to you for making a CAS style card, I haven't attempted it yet.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! With your superb colouring this CAS is a true joy for the eyes! Love the cute dancer and the snowflakes! The sparkling is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! She is just Perfect on this CAS Card and they are so hard to do. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx