My Lovely Followers

Sunday 12 April 2015

Orchids - Use Ribbon/Lace at The Ribbon Girl


Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you're enjoying your weekend, I'm busy getting everything sorted ready to go back to work tomorrow, my break was lovely, but my goodness it seemed to hurtle by.

I'm here today to share my card for the new 'Any Image' challenge over at The Ribbon Girl and this week the theme is Ribbon or Lace.......not a hard one for me eh? :P  You can find all the rules on the blog.

I went for ribbon (though I also used lace) and thought I'd do something a little different from how I normally use it, so I chose 3 colours from my image/papers and ordered some of the very pretty narrow satin ribbon that Mary and Andrea stock. It's just 3 mm wide and I've used it here in loops among my flowers in the same way that I would use twine. It gives such a pretty effect. 


The gorgeous image is by Jeremiah Ketner, I have been chomping at the bit to colour up some of his artwork!  This one is called Orchids and it's just divine, love his work!

I coloured it up with my distress ink markers and I've totally forgotten what colours I used here! I do know that the hair is Evergreen Bough mostly and that the skin is Vintage Photo.

I tried something a little different on her hair and outlined the edges with a Sakura Stardust pen in Clear Star, I was inspired to do this by the fact that on Jeremiah's paintings he uses a lighter colour on the edges of the hair strands to really make them pop, and it made me think of Elise Dinolfo's white gel pen technique. The gel pens I have never seem to work well though (must remember to buy myself a Sakura one) so I used a Star Dust one instead.
Now I have to say I was holding my breath the whole time as I really did not want to ruin my already coloured image, and it could have gone so horribly wrong.....so, you might want to experiment on a practice coloured piece first lol!  It really does look lovely in real life, the camera (or my photography skills do not do it justice here.

The lovely paper is from a Kaisercraft pad, I've used an old Doily Flower Doo Hickey die and a Cherry Blossom branch from La-La Land Crafts.

I used the following Ribbon Girl goodies on my card, and I've added the links so you can click on and go straight to the item in the store.


You can buy amazing butterflies like this one from Karla's Kreative Korner

If you'd like to see more of Jeremiah's work (make a drink and set aside some time, there's lots to delight the eyes) you can find him here. If you want to try your hand at colouring one of his images you can find digital stamps of his work on his Etsy shop here. This won't be the last of his I colour, I have plans for a 'few' more lol.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the team's amazing makes, and we'd love to see you enter the challenge!

That's all from me for today, time to go and do some ironing, see you soon! :) xx


6 comments:

  1. Oh this was the sneaky peak from the other day, knew it was going to be a stunner just from seeing the hair. This is so beautiful Linda, the colours are gorgeous together and your DI colouring is superb here. Beautiful elements and details complete this masterpiece, you are so very talented.
    Hope you enjoy your Sunday.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card. Love all the embellishments, especially loving the hair colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! What a gorgeous card, Linda! Love the sparkle to the image and that beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is a stunner Linda!! Love the colour combo and her hair is so striking! As always your design is just beautiful!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG she is Stunning I do love how you have done the hair and the lines. I love this range of images I just wish there was more! Beautifully constructed Card with those stunning diecuts, ribbon and lace.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx