My Lovely Followers

Friday 3 April 2015

Gothica at Dies to Die for


Happy Good Friday everyone. If it's a holiday for you I hope you get to spend a lovely day....I now have 10 days without work...woohoo! Lots of crafting to be done methinks ;) I also want a good sort out of all my crafting stuff, I think it's taking over lol!

Anyway I'm here today with a bit of inspiration for you (I hope you find it inspiring anyway), and I must admit 2 things. 1 is that I've had these butterflies for like ....forever! I bought them because I loved them and then I just haven't gotten around to making the right project to use them on (I had an idea of the type of thing I wanted to do).

2 is that I fell in love with this stamp as soon as it was released, but again, time just wasn't my friend, I thought right away that she would go perfectly with these butterflies...she does, don't you think?

I've coloured her with my distress inks, colours are listed below and there are links at the end of my post to products used on my card.


Distress Ink Markers

Skin: Vintage Photo, Barn Door, Festive Berries
Hair: Pumice Stone, Black Soot
Clothing: Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Fired Brick, Festive Berries


I went for a Victorian Gothic look on the card, well with a name like Gothica I just had to didn't I?
Her dress has lashings of sparkle with some black stickles but I just couldn't get it to sparkle on camera. I added a clock behind her and a chandelier, I thought they really helped to set the scene. Lots of cheesecloth and a finishing of Gesso help to set the mood.


The lovely edging on the card is made by using 4 strips of the border die on the front and 3 on the inside. Use a fairly thick stiff card if you want to do this or it will collapse under the weight of your finished card.

I used the following Dies to Die for products:


I used the following embellishments from The Ribbon Girl:


The unusual and gorgeous butterflies are from Karla's Kreative Korner.

Well that's all from me for today, I'm off to visit some blogs I've neglected, ahh to have time....bliss! Hope you all have a lovely Easter! :) xx

12 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Love the colours!
    Have a lovely Easter Linda!
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is the most perfect design for this image! The butterflies and all your amazing details look gorgeous.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Linda. I love the image, gorgeous colours and those butterflies are so beautiful.
    Enjoy your time off!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the layout, such beautiful butterflies
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Gothic style Linda and as always you have the perfect embellishments and details to match culminating in an awesome card. Hope you have a great Easter, with just enough chocolate and plenty of crafting :)
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, Linda! Love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unbelievably stunning Linda! It's breathtaking honestly xxx speechless and that's an achievement from me lol
    hug
    Sandie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I am the first to admit that I am not a big fan of scary, spooky and goth things. However, your card still blew me away. It's gorgeous! A bit spooky with those skulls on the butterflies, but cute at the same time. And I just love red and black together. Hats off to you, this is brilliant!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry, forgot to add ... Happy Easter! ;)
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I love this!! Love the image and the gothic feel. The butterflies are beautiful as is the stunning design.
    Hope you are having a lovely Easter and enjoy your holiday.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Wow Wow this is just AWESOME. Love the Image, the way you have coloured and shaded black, diecuts, layout just Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx