My Lovely Followers

Friday 31 October 2014

Candy Canes at Dies to Die for

Wheeee! It's Friday again, I've been horribly unwell this week (I even took a couple of days off work sick, which rarely happens), but it's almost the weekend and I'm here with my regular Dies to Die for post.  It's another Christmas card, I do hope you're not getting tired of these lol, but I promise I have some non Christmas creations coming up as well!

This is another Little Darlings Rubber Stamps - Saturated Canary image, she's called Candy Canes .  Now I have to say it wasn't originally my intention to go monochrome with this, she just turned out that way, but I really like the effect. Don't you just love her hair? It reminds me of Mr Whippy ice cream lol  just substitute a couple of chocolate flakes for the Candy Canes hehe.

I've popped a list of products used, along with some links at the end of my post.


I matched her with some gorgeous Maja design papers from the Vintage Frost Basics collection, and I've coloured her in Distress Ink markers.

Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Spun Sugar (blush)
Hair: Spun Sugar, Fired Brick
Clothing: Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Pumice Stone.
I added Glamour Dust to her wings, I also added lines of subtle shimmer to her hair and clothes with a SakuraJelly Roll Stardust pen, but sadly the camera just doesn't pick it up, which is a shame because it's a beautiful effect in the flesh.


I added this lovely MFT Snowflake Doily behind her.


Look at that gorgeous bow, I thought it deserved some extra special bling.


I kept the inside quite simple, as by this time I was feeling very poorly indeed.

Stamp: Candy Canes
MFT Sowflake Doily Die
Reverse Wonky Rectangles
Maja Vintage Frost Basics-3rd December
Maja Vintage Frost Basics-5th December
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Candy Cane Charm
Ophelia 50mm Ivory Lace
Ivory Flat back Pearl Trim
Ivory Pearl String
Pink Pearl String
Pink Faux Silk Ribbon
8 mm Flat Back Ivory Pearls
Diamante and Pearl Embellishment
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts

This card is available to buy in my Etsy shop

ETSY

I hope you like her and that she's inspired you to make a start on those Christmas cards if you haven't already.  I'll be back tomorrow with another (non-Christmas) make and some exciting news!  See you then! :) xx

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the colours and those flowers. wow!
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get better soon. Gorgeous card, love the fresh pink and white

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are starting to feel better now Linda, it sounds like you have been really poorly.
    Your card is stunning, your soft colouring of the sweet image is so beautiful and as always your detailing is totally gorgeous.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and beautiful card Linda love the colour's and fabulous design sorry to hear you have not been well hope you are feeling better soon take care and have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say this, but I love, love,love this card and that sweet stamped image. I love faeries and angels and winter is my favorite time of year, so you've incorporated all of that into this card. It is absolutely beautiful. Even though you're not feeling well, this card still is stunning. Hope you get well soon. I need to go back and look some more at this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god, Linda, your productivity knows no boundaries!!! And each card is simply stunning!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is like a dream, Linda: beautiful, delicate and sweet. Love the layers you created. And I wish I had more X-mas cards made LOL Have a nice weekend!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better to enjoy your weekend. Adorable card, so pretty in subtle pink tones.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the softness of this Gorgeous Card! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is super pretty card love it.....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I never tire of seeing Christmas cards and this is no exception! Love the colour combo and beautiful bow and bling - just gorgeous.
    Hope you are fully recovered and have enjoyed your weekend.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty Christmas card, I love how you've coloured this gorgeous image!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx