My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Vintage Violet at Dies to Die for

Happy Tuesday crafters!  I'm very happy to be here today to share my inspiration post with you because I really love the way this turned out, you know how sometimes you see something on someone's blog or FB and you think, wow, I would love to be able to make something like that....well when I finished this card I felt almost like that except it was my own work!  I hope that doesn't sound too vain, I'm just sooo happy with this one, it really is one of my best ever works (in my opinion).

Soooo what did I make?  Well some time ago now Tracy sent me some lovely Carta Bella papers, Sew Lovely  and though I really like them, I really wasn't coming up with any inspiration for using them.  Then more recently I received a die set Stitched with Love  by Taylored Expressions in my DT pack to play with, I decided they were made for each other and put them together with Vintage Violet by Saturated Canary from Little Darlings Rubber Stamps.  Now I know there's nothing on this stamp to do with sewing, but she always makes me feel like she puts her outfits together from vintage buys on an old sewing machine.

Anyway, here's what I made putting them all together.


I also added a Memory Box Button Border at the top of my card. I've distressed and inked all my papers and hand stitched them with top stitch thread. Violet is coloured with distress ink, pads and markers.
Colours used:
Hair: Antique Linen and Broken Twigs
Skin: Tattered Rose, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo
Clothing Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot
Shadow: Pumice Stone.

I cut her out with a Spellbinders Reverse Wonky Rectangles nestie and popped a little cheese cloth behind my layers.


 The Satin ribbon, lace, flowers,pins and pearls are from The Ribbon Girl and the tape measure ribbon is by Kaiserkraft and was a gift.


I cut all the dies cut pieces from a sheet of Bazill Basic, I'm sorry but I can't remember which colour this was, and then backed them with plain white card stock, this makes them less bendy.


I hope you like my make for today as much as I do, I only hope I can do as well on the next one!!
Just to let you know that from next week I'll be saying 'Happy Friday' as I'll be changing my posting day for Dies to Die for from a Tuesday to a Friday as this evens out my week a little more.
That's all from me for today, but I'll see you again next week, have fun! : ) x x

18 comments:

  1. This really is a wonderful card Linda and you should most definitely be thinking "Wow"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore sewing elements and this is a fabulous card. Great layout and lovely colours and colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning Linda!! That Turquiose is my favourite colour, the die cuts all look amazing and that stamp is so pretty and coloured perfectly! And so beautifully finished with the lace ribbon flowers etc! So gorgeous! Or should I say "sew" gorgeous :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card, Linda. Love it all!

    Hugs, Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card lovely!! every little wonderful detail is perfect, the most delightful design,
    Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are always amazing, Linda! I love those Saturated Canary stamps--I don't see them around here. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda,
    fab ....wowww♡
    I have see your creation at FB Kit&Clowder Group and i must see your blog :-)
    XO SANDRA

    ReplyDelete
  8. FAB..U..LOUS! Your cards are always so beautiful Linda and your colouring is always superb. I'm glad you really love this one, it's a great feeling when it all just comes together how we envisioned it in our head.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I have to agree Linda, this is absolutely stunning. The image is coloured perfectly. I love the papers, wonderful die cuts and gorgeous detailing. Whoever receives this card will feel very special and extremely lucky!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty colors, Linda! :)
    Have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's just lovely, I really like your paper choice and all the pretty die cuts, very sweet
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a very beautiful card ,with pretty colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful design! The coloring is so gorgeous and so is tall the embellishing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda no wonder you are proud of it, your card is fabulous! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning! All of your details look so beautiful.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning Linda! Love the colours, papers and all the gorgeous dies!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just Stunning a piece of ART! So many Gorgeous Embellies and you always are fabulous with your Amazing Colours!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx