My Lovely Followers

Monday 11 August 2014

Fancy Marci - Colour Challenge at La-La Land

Good Morning and happy Monday everyone, if you're in the UK I hope you've dried off a bit from the awful weather yesterday (of course this is scheduled so it might be awful today as well lol).

Apart from the weather I have had a simply wonderful weekend.  I had the mojo flowing and got 3 projects made (a good side effect of the bed weather and keeping indoors) and when I got up on Saturday morning I had a message to tell me that I'd been chosen to Guest Design for Little Darlings Rubber stamps for their new release of  Saturated Canary stamps!!  2 never before seen stamps are now winging their way to little old me.  Just a couple of projects to make which is perfect cos I have such a busy time coming up over the next few months.

I'm at work as this goes live but then I have 4 days off work because it's my baby girl's birthday today (I say baby, she's 25 now, but she'll always be MY baby) and she's coming to spend a few days with her Mum : ) WoooHoo!!

Anyway onto the reason I'm here and as usual on a Monday I'm bringing you my inspiration post as GDT for La-La Land Crafts.  Today our theme is a colour challenge, and I've put the inspiration pic at the end of my post so you can play along.

La-La Land Craft Item's Used:



As soon as I saw the colours in the inspiration pic I knew exactly the papers I wanted to use, the new Coffee in the Arbour collection from Maja Design has some papers which are the perfect colours! As usual I've inked and hand stitched all my layers.


I thought Fancy Marci would look really good in these colours so I coloured her up with my Copics for easy colour matching.


Colours used:

Skin: E04, E11, E21, E00, E000, R20
Hair: E50, Y23, YR21, E33, E37
Clothing: RV10, RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99, G21, G82, G85


Apart from the dies which are all available at Dies to Die for (except the new ones which should be in stock soon),  I added some seam binding , flowers and flat back pearls from The Ribbon Girl and some lace from Live and Love Crafts.



This was the photo we had for colour inspiration


Do pop over to the blog to check out the rest of Team Monday's makes, I have to say I think this is a particularly good week for us, all of the girls creations look super stunning!  Also if you're on Facebook don't forget to join in the fun in our group here.

Why not have a try using these colours and see what happens?  We'd love to see the results!

That's all from me today, don't forget I've moved my posting day for Dies to Die for from Tuesday to Friday, so I'll see you again then.  Have fun! : ) x x

12 comments:

  1. Gorgous card with pretty details! Happy birthday to your 25 years baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card as always Linda. Mr Mojo was definitely at home this weekend. Hope you have a lovely week with your daughter.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card Linda, love all the details and the rich colours
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous colours Linda and what a fab job you have made with that stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go for having your mojo flowing. I think mine is having summer holidays at the moment. lol
    And congrats on becoming a GDT for the Little Darlings. I cant wait to see what you'll make with the new SC stamps!
    Happy birtday to your daughter! :)
    As for your card goes ... Another beauty. It's absolutely breath taking! <3
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous coloring and I love the colors you used on Marci's dress! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous and beautiful card Linda love the colour's fabulous image and design
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is another beautiful card. Your colouring is gorgeous and the design is beautiful (as always).
    Congratulations on your new GDT spot and have a lovely time with your daughter.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love that paper, such pretty dies too, beautifully done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fab card! I love the colours you've used - they look so luxurious together! Really beautiful colouring too.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just Loooooove this Colour Combo and your stitching just adds soooooo much! Love it. Have a Great Colouring Week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx