My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Vintage Happily Ever After at Dies to Die for

Happy Tuesday everyone and a big hello to my newest followers, I'm very happy to see you :)  I'm here today with my DT card for Dies to Die for the inspiration blog for the Dies to Die for online craft store 

 I've had the dreaded bug that's been going around this weekend, so instead of doing my Christmas shopping I was stuck at home feeling very sorry for myself, but at least I got to craft when I started to feel a little better.  I'm all Christmased out at the mo when it comes to making cards, so I rummaged through my DT box and found these gorgeous Maja Vintage Autumn Basics papers which totally inspired me to make something monochrome and vintage.  I've added links to the products at the end of the post, except for the papers which aren't currently appearing with the rest of the Vintage Autumn Basics papers, but once the Christmas holiday is over Tracy will re-add them and you'll be able to find them here




I really like how this turned out, I thought it would be ideal as an anniversary card, but you could just as easily use it for a valentine, wedding or engagement card, or just to say 'I love you'. The little banners are just cut from the decorative border on the bottom of the paper, I just decorated with some little spots of liquid pearls and popped them up on some foam. Love that Clock die from Cherry Lyn, see it's useful for so much more than just steampunk cards!



I used one of my all time favourite Tiddly Inks stamps, Happily Ever After', love this, it's so versatile for anything coupley. The papers worked so fabulously together I thought I'd paper piece them, though I should have paid more attention and got more of the roses on her dress instead of the leaves lol.  Paper piecing is great for using up scraps and also helps if you're not too confident with your colouring skills.






Inside you can see the paper I used on her dress, with all the roses this time!

If you prefer more colour, you can always use coloured embellishments, or use the coloured papers from the range (or one of the other Maja Vintage Basics ranges that Tracy stocks, they'd work just as well.

That's it from me today, hope you like it and that Christmas doesn't have you too wiped out and you have time to enjoy some pre-Christmas festivities :) xx








5 comments:

  1. Stunning monochrome card Linda, you've done a great job again. I love your small clock in the top right corner. I wish I had your skill at putting so many layers together, it seems to get too fussy and jumbled when I do it and then it loses it's definition. Never mind, more practice I guess.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Linda. I absolutely love the color scheme and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this! I love this colour palette and the paper piecing is gorgeous and the all gorgeous embellishments just finishes it off nicely!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card made my jaw drop - literally. it's stunning! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! simply stunning. Just to let you know I have Christmas candy on my blog and would love for you to join in the fun!
    http://thelittlelandofme.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/christmas-candy.html
    Naomi x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx