My Lovely Followers

Thursday 12 December 2013

Show the Way Tilda Shaker



Good afternoon everyone, just one more day to go until the weekend, it’s going to be a busy one for me as I have lots to get done in preparation for Christmas. 
I’m here today with the new challenge for Marvellous Magnolia.  Our challenge couldn’t be easier as it’s Anything Goes.

I’m sharing one of my final Christmas cards today, and this time I tried something completely new for me, I made a shaker card. I made this card for my daughter, but as I've given it t her now I can share it with you.  This is my first time making one of these, so hopefully I didn't make too much of a hash of it lol. This is a particularly photo heavy post.



I used the new Vintage  Frost Basics papers from Maja Design, they’re just so yummy and you can carry on using them after Christmas too, as they aren’t Christmas specific. There are links to most of the items  I used at the end of this post.



I’ve used Show the Way Tilda, I think she’s sooo pretty, and doesn’t she look snug and cosy in her hat and coat….well until I stuck her in the middle of a snow blizzard lol.   I added a little snowflake for her to point at and some shabby pink embossing powder around her to look like snow and used Diamond Dust and some silver Glass Glitter to be shaken.



The little pennants are just cut from the border strip of the Maja paper I thought they looked so cute, and the looped ribbon looked very pretty framing the image.


The pink ribbon for the bow and the gem I've had in my stash for ages now.


Flowers are all from Wild Orchid Craft


As you can see I gently sloped and shaped my card using clear sticky foam and I filled the small gap that was left at the edge with some sparkly bead trim from my stash, I actually think this looks really pretty.

Well that’s it from me for today, I’ll be back tomorrow with my card for Crafty Catz challenge blog.


5 comments:

  1. oh wow Linda this is so beautiful! I adore shaker cards and Show the Way Tilda is perfect for it! All the beautiful flowers,ribbon and gems finishes it off beautifully!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, what a sweet shaker card. I I just love it! Beautiful pink tons and great layout. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town. Hugs, Babi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and beautiful card Linda
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda, this card is so fantastic, love everything about it
    hugs
    céline
    and thanks for playing with us at tilda's town

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card with all the pinks and pretty embellies. Thanks for playing with us @ Tilda's Town this week.
    Riet xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx