My Lovely Followers

Saturday 2 November 2013

Sympathy Bugs - Wee Stamps

Good morning (oops no it's afternoon here now, how did that happen?!), folks!  It's the weekend and I have no visitors or other demands on my time this weekend (other than the normal regular chores), so I have plenty of time to craft, yay! :)

I have a card to share with you today and I must firstly apologise for the photos, I had to make this card super quick and get it sent out and I didn't really have time to do more than take a few shots before packing and sending and when I've looked the pics I had were not brilliant but the card has been sent and no time to take more sadly.

I made this card for a colleague at work who recently lost her Mum.  It was after a long illness and her passing was a relief to her family (and herself as she was tired and wanted to go) who didn't want her to suffer, so I didn't want to go with a traditional sympathy card and rather made something just to let her know she was in my thoughts.

I thought that this image from Wee Stamps by the talented Sylvia Zet, was perfect for this.  It's called Sympathy Bugs and this is a digi but you can also get it in rubber if you prefer.


I coloured it up very quickly with my Copics so you'll have to forgive any  little mistakes you spot lol.



The paper is from Maja Designs, Summer Basics from the 6 x 6 Pad.  I got this one from Dies to Die For, they also see the rubber version of this stamp and the stamp set and die that I used for the sentiment.  I love these sentiment sets that you can buy a matching die for, from Whimsy Stamps, they have such a great selection I'm starting to collect some, I have a whole wish list lol.  The shape of the card is cut with a Frilly Frames no #7 from Go Kreate. The colours on this photo are really not great, but I really couldn't improve it in editing more than this sadly and no chance to take alternative photos now so it will just have to do.


Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts as usual.


The button and twine are from The Ribbon Girl, and everything else is from stash.

I hope you enjoyed my share today, I'm off to get some more crafting done, I'm hoping to do a Blue Peter job (here's one I made earlier) on some of my upcoming DT cards, but hopefully I'll also have something else to share with you tomorrow.

Next Friday (8th) is my first DT post for A Creative Romance (and yes I have this card already made and photographed ready to go lol), soo exciting, so look out for that in addition to my regular Crafty Catz DT card, and the following week I'll be showcasing my special GDT card for a certain birthday celebration, but I won't let all the surprise out so you'll have to swing by on the 11th  to check it out!!

Well that's all from me for today, I'mm off for a little visit and comment catch up in blogland and Facebook before I continue crafting.  

Whatever you plan to do this weekend, make sure you have fun doing it.
See you soon :) xx


Entered for the following Challenges:

Whimsy Stamps - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps - Colour Palette




10 comments:

  1. Linda your card is adoravle!! Very beautiful image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these sort of occasions are very difficult to make cards for but I think yours is just beautiful, it says all that you are feeling without the need for words. Great colours and love the shape too.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Great choice of color and the image look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning! I love it! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at ATSC challenge! Good luck,

    Hugs Tinie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always difficult to make these cards, but you have done a wonderful job! Great colour choice and design.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute image and I absolutely adore your coloring !!
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one great card - love the stamp and color combo so much!
    Have an awesome day, Linda... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This stamp is tooo sweet Linda and your card gorgeous! Love your design and colouring!

    A big hug and thanks for your lovely comments!Franz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what fabulous card, love the colouring job and all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsy Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx