My Lovely Followers

Saturday 24 August 2013

Saturated Canary Spritz Criss Cross

I hope everyone in the UK is having a good Bank Holiday weekend so far, shame about the weather, but that seems to be tradition for a holiday weekend lol, I hope all non UK peeps are having a great weekend too, hopefully with better weather than us!

My scheduled post for Crafty Catz went off ok yesterday and all the team members have been just wondrful, popping by my blog and leaving me wonderful and encouraging messages, they're soooo supportive so big hugs to all my DT crew there and a huge thanks :) xx  Do stop by the blog here and give them some love and join in the fun too if you want, we have some great prizes to be won in our latest challenge.

I have a card to share today, I'm gradually working my way through my Christmas cards, slowly but surely...but mostly slowly hehe, with luck I'll be done by December.

I decided to make another Criss Cross card, using some of my  Whimsy Winter Blues pack I'm nearing the end of.



Unfortunately the light was horrible when taking these photos, so since I don't have lamps I've had to resort to flash in some.  


The image is a Saturated Canary digi by Krista Smith called Spritz, isn't he absolutely adorable?  Love those knees and the little round belly lol.  I had a lot of fun colouring him in with my Copics.

Skin : E000, 00, 21, 11, R20
Hair, Wings and Shorts : BG 57, 23, 10, 0000, B12
Boots, Hat and Candy Cane: E43, 41, 57, R27, 24, 22, W2, 0, BG0000, 10, 23

I glittered up his wings with plenty of Glamour Dust and gave the Candy Cane a coating of Glossy Accents, but the gloss doesn't really show up in the photos.


This is a view of the inserts that are inside the card, you can see a bit of the reverse of the card behind them.
The larger insert has plenty of space for a message to be written and I also made a gift card tag, so the card really can be a present.  The stamp on that is from a set of 6 by Hero Arts I got from Sir Stampalot recently, I thought they'd be really good for all sorts of Christmas stuff as they're nice and small.


Here's a cose up of my flowers, I glittered them with Glamour Dust to make them look like they were frosty, i used Stickles on the large snowflake die behind the image for a similar effect.


All the ribbon, flowers and that gorgeous lace are from The Ribbon Girl.


I'm going to enter this card for the following challenges:

Fashionista - #19 Christmas
Papertake Weekly - Flower Power
Cutie Pie Challenge - #51 Anything Goes
Crafts & Me - #139 Anything Goes
Sweet Stamp - #131 Anything Goes

I do hope you enjoyed my share for today, despite the poor quality of the pictures. It's still cold and miserable out there so you may see another from me tomorrow and that still leaves me time to work on my next DT card!

Have fun with the rest of your day, whatever the weather :) xx


7 comments:

  1. your colouring on this cutie is just spot on i think he is just the perfect image for christmas. one of my faves the weather here in manchester is fairly good it has brighten up so fingers crossed it is coming your way. higs sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, Oh my word this is stunning, what a gorgeous creation and that colouring is fab.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops forgot to say thanks for sharing with us at crafty sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,such a gorgeous creation, Linda. Thank you for joining the Cutie Pie Challenge this week. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb job I love how you colored this piece. Great job. Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com come back for next weeks challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful, love your coloring
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Beautiful card in Lovely colours! Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Challenge this time!
    Hugs Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx