My Lovely Followers

Friday 23 August 2013

New Challenge at Crafty Catz

Good morning folks, it's finally Friday (and yay a long weekend as it's Bank Holiday Monday in the UK:)) and I'm here with the latest challenge from Crafty Catz. The theme this week is Stitching, with the added option of Material.


It's all very exciting because it's my very post as a design team member for Crafty Catz. 
Actually it's my very first time as DT member ever!!  So I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. The team at Crafty Catz are such a great bunch, so friendly and helpful and I don't want to let them down...and just to add to my stress level I'm at work, so this is a scheduled post...my very first scheduled post, so I hope everything works as it should lol.

Anyhoo, enough of my drivel and on with the challenge.  

We have two fabulous sponsors this week, 
Kenny K and Marianne Designs.
  
If you choose to take up the extra option of material along with the stitching, you'll be entered into both prize draws,  but do please remember to note which material you've used in your projects.  If you just choose the stitching option you'll be added to the second draw only. 
They really are great prizes so pop over to Crafty Catz and check it out.

Kenny K very kindly provided some wonderful images for us to use for this challenge, but I actually had this fab image of his called Captain Locke, sitting in my digi downloads folder that I bought an age ago and have been dying to use so this was perfect for me.

Here's what I made.






I used kraft cardstock as my base and the DP is Far and Away from Teresa Collins, I was going to go for something a bit more Steampunk, but didn't have quite what I needed, oh well there's always next time and I really like the way this turned out in the end. 

I've used real stitching around the outer edge of the card and around the circle framing the image and my material is cheesecloth, which just softens the card some and makes it look a little more vintage.  I inked up all the layers with DI in Antique Linen.


Isn't this Kenny K image lush?  I really enjoyed colouring up this bombshell with my Copics, though I must admit she took me ages to do.
Colours used were:
Skin & Lips: E11, 21, 00, 000, R20, 11, 14, 24.
Hair: E50, 51, 53, 55
Clothes and accessories: E40, 41, 43, 57, 25, 29, R22, 24, 27, Y23, 28, W0, 2, 3, 5, 7
I masked her off and stamped a bit of a background with post marks and a postcard stamp in Antique Linen Distress Ink and finished off with a little Liquid Pearls in Platinum.


I decorated the inside as usual to complement the front, using that postcard stamp in full to create a space to write a message.


The lovely ribbon is from from The Ribbon Girl and I accented the red from her outfit with the thin ribbon, the heart pins and the poppy.  I don't usually put flowers on cards for men, but since she's dressed in a military manner and poppies are a flower with strong military associations I thought it worked using just the one.
Dies are La La Lands, Spellbinders and a Magnolia Doohicky Tag.
*This card has now been sold*



So that wraps up my first ever DT card, I hope you liked it and do please pop over to Crafty Catz to check out the rest of the DTs fabulous designs and try your hand at this challenge, we look forward to seeing your wonderful creations and there are 2 fantastic prizes and some Top 3 Badges to be won.

Right now I'm sitting in work nervously wondering if Mr Blogger has been kind and this post has appeared on schedule lol.

I'll pop by this evening and check once I'm home from work and take a look and check out the early bird entries. 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges, but I won't be able to actually add my linky till I get home from work.

Wild Orchid Crafts #83 Anything Goes
A Creative Romance - Masking
BunnyZoe's Crafts - Bingo (Tag, Pearls, Charm)


Have fun crafting!! :) xx

11 comments:

  1. Linda I Am So PleaD You Have Joined Its And What A Cracking Card You Have Produced FOr Your 1St Challenge And Yes It Scheduled Ok Too. Fab Job Flower Have A Good Day And Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda
    Wow your card is stunning just love the image and fantastic colouring and design and a Big Welcome to Crafty Catz team !!
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Linda...yep it posted ok and it looks fabulous, well done on your first DT creation for CRAFTY CATZ, nice to have you on our team, Have a lovely BH weekend, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic DT card and wonderful colouring! love all the details. great to have you on the team!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the team Linda. Your first post is stunning. What a fabulous card design. Love your colouring. Have a great weeknd. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the team and wowzer! what a first card. sensational hun! Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Linda, I am soooooo glad you joined our team at Crafty Catz: first I am not 'new' anymore LOL
    second: gosh! you are so talented, your cards are amazing! LOVE your steampunk card, there are so many fab details and your coloring is a wowzer.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I am late Linda, I think this is just gorgeous, inside and out, exactly how a card should be I feel....beautiful work.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Linda, awesome first card with the fabulous Crafty Catz, this card is stunning and your colouring is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining us at WOC with your awesome card!

    Best regards, Malin <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must admit - I fell in love with this card. Everything is just perfect! A big welcome to Crafty Catz too! I am sure you love it!

    Have a great week!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx