My Lovely Followers

Sunday 11 August 2013

Krafty Snowflakes

A quick post from me today as I'm getting dinner ready for my daughter's arrival this evening.
I received this stamp recently in a parcel of goodies from Sir Stampalot  and couldn't wait to ink her up.




The stamp is called Snowy Tilda, isn't she gorgeous? So cute.


I coloured her with my copics,
Dress, bows trim:  V91, 93, 95 
Hair E50, 51, 53, 57
Boots, scarf & gloves: E41, 43 57.
Shading W0, 2
I used a Spellbinders nesting circle to cut her out, and used a distressing tool, and a little distress ink in Antique Linen and some gold stickles to edge.  The stitching is done by hand, I do own a sewing machine but I'm too used to sewing on fabric and I can't get the hang of machine sewing paper at the mo.  I quite enjoy sewing by hand anyway, it just takes a lot longer lol.


A view of the inside.  The papers are by magnolia.  I quite liked the contrast of the Kraft, not the usual colour for snowflakes but it works for me and the light brushing of gold stickles looks rather swanky on them I thought.  These small snowflakes are cut with a La La Land Die set called Heart Snowflakes.


A couple of arty shots here, not the best but I was dashing these off super quick lol.  I brushed a little stickles on the flowers too, I rather like the effect, it's not too heavy.  The large snowflake die is a Whimsy one, I always have soooo much trouble getting Whimsy dies to cut cleanly in my Cuttlebug, I have no idea why, every other die is just fine.  The pearls were actually cream, I coloured them with V95 to match, love that you can do that with alcohol markers :)  Ribbon, flowers, pearls, brad, pins and those lovely little jingle bells are a mix from
Wild Orchid Crafts and The Ribbon Girl.

I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Divas by Design - Bingo Distressing, Charms, die-cuts or distressing, ribbon, flowers.
Tilda's Town #65 Special Occasions (Christmas)
Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia #78 Buttons or Bows


4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card inside and out!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Tilda image, great colouring!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Beautiful colours and I love all the sparkle! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Tilda's Town :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. I love the shade of purple & the way you have coloured in Tilda is fantastic. I think the whole design & colour combo is gorgeous. I know what you mean about sewing by hand. I was doing that for a while but then decided to conquer the sewing machine lol. Finally I think I have the hang of it :) Thank you so much for sharing. Btw, I would love for you to try out for my DT Call :) Hugs, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like. Why not enter the DT Call? :)

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (Blog Candy)
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns
    Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (DT Call)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx