My Lovely Followers

Thursday 9 February 2017

Noah's Ark


Hello!

Welcome to day 2 of the February release from Whimsy Stamps and as it's also my birthday today it's a super quick share from me.
I'm showcasing this super sweet stamp from Crissy Armstrong called Noah's Ark
This  just screamed 'Baby Card' at me as soon as I saw it, so that's exactly what I made. I coloured the stamp with my distress ink markers and as I'd run out of my normal paper I had to use some older stuff and kind of forgot how this reacted. The monkey with the umbrella would not behave and play nice, (but hey, he's a monkey right?), and it was nearly a case of monkey overboard lol. but as I did not have the time to do a complete re-do he'll have to remain, even if he does look a bit flat and scrubby. Just focus on the other better behaved monkey and we'll be just fine.

Before adhering to my card base I stamped the Welcome Baby from the Scripty Occasions clear stamp set in the bottom right of the image.
I added a little design paper to the top, cut with one of the Whimsy Stitched Border Trio dies, and chomped the bottom corners, then added a piece of very narrow ribbon and a baby's feet charm. I dotted a few tiny sequins and gave the umbrella and the water a lick of Wink of Stella to finish
Right that's all from me, I'm off to celebrate my birthday!

Thanks for dropping by.


11 comments:

  1. Love it Linda, not at all 'flat', looks gorgeous and perfect baby image....enjoy your day...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. Love the cute image and your fantastic colouring.
    Have a great day.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful birthday! This card is so sweet! I love the adorable feet charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card!!! Genius in its simple design and with the adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous colouring Linda, and a really nice card - hope you had a great birthday! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card!
    have a nice day
    hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL is the word I would use to describe it! I love the whole design, the stamp is lovely and the papers fits so beautifully with the stamp. Hope you had a fab time celebrating your birthday.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally says baby all right. I love any Noah's ark image, but this one is just too cute for words. Nicely watercoloured. I'll have to pull out my Noah's ark from ODBD as my daughter is having a baby in two weeks. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, this is so gorgeous! That new image is for sure perfect for a new baby card. Love the Pelmet top to the card, looks fabulous and the sweet baby feet charm is the perfect finish. Truly gorgeous hunny. I'm so overdue a good catch up on your blog, prepare for a gazillion comments on posts I've missed! Big hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful! Fabulous coloring AND design work!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx