My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Happily Ever After in May at Dies to Die for.

Good morning everyone and welcome to another of my regular Tuesday inspiration posts for Dies to Die for.

Before I move on to my share for today I'd just like to say sorry for not being very active on your blogs lately, it's been hectic recently, but I'm pulling ahead a little and hope to be able to catch up with you this weekend.  You still have 2 days left to enter my Candy, it ends on the 15th, the link is on my sidebar to the right.

Ok so, it's very rare that I take on commissions, like almost never.  I simply have so much I have to make for DTs and I like to craft for fun after all, trying to also fit into what somebody else wants has a tendency to stop my creative flow right in it's tracks. However, my partner's mother asked me for a couple of wedding cards, I've been thinking about making a couple anyway, I loooove making wedding cards, and she didn't tie me down with specific demands as to putting this or that on it, so I had pretty free reign, I work best like that.

Now ever since I first had the Day in May collection from Pion Design sent to me, I've been wanting to make a wedding card with it, because some of the papers just seem totally made for it, and then I combined it with my most favourite stamp ever from Tiddly Inks (I love it too because you can use it for such a lot, weddings, engagements, anniversaries, valentines etc) and coloured it up with my Copics.

It's not often I totally love one of my creations, I'm picky, and my own worst critic, BUT, I have to say that I totally LOVE how this turned out, I almost don't want to give it away lol.

So I'm not going to waffle any more, I shall just let the pictures do the talking. Links to products can be found at the end of my post.






Well I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, any questions feel free to drop me a comment or an email. That's all from me for today, enjoy your Tuesday and I'll see you again same time next week.
Take care and happy crafting! : ) x x




22 comments:

  1. This is really stunning Linda, I adore the way you have used pearls on the wedding dress. Fern x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is breathtakingly beautiful Linda. The image is so romantic, your soft colouring is perfect and those papers are gorgeous. I adore every single embellishment you have added, everything works so well together.
    I can understand why you are reluctant to give this away, however I am sure it will be treasured by the lucky recipients!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning and beautiful card Linda love the image beautiful colour's and design
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Linda. I can see why you didn't want to part with it but the recipients will be thrilled. You are right about commissioned work with themes and certain requirements, it does mess with the creativity, I have lots of customers who want specific things on the card which I feel just don't go together but you somehow have to try and make it work. I much prefer to let the card evolve as I go along. Can I ask which adhesives you use for your cards I'm trying some out at the mo as I wasn't happy with what I had been using?
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for the lovely feedback. Lorraine for all paper and card I use Collall multi purpose. I swear by it, it's very strong and reliable, dries fairly quickly and yet still gives you a little time to slide things about. It also can be rubbed off before it's fully dry if you make a mess (always good for me!). For sticking on ribbon and lace I use any score tape type double sided tape. For adhering flowers I normally use Aleene's tacky Glue and for anything heavy (or just awkward like bows) I use a mini glue gun, I used to use glue dots but I found stuff had a tendency to fall off. I never have any problems with stuff not sticky (except for the dratted self adhesive pearls some days) and Collall has the added bonus of making your cards quite rigid. Hope that halps! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep have to agree with you! Looooooove it! Awesome work on your Dress! Bet She loves her Card! Have a Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow I can see why you don't want to give it away, it is totally stunning! Love the shape and beautiful papers! Everything just works so well together!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is absolutely beautiful. I love the way you have added pearls to the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Linda. I love the image and the pearls you have added to her dress are gorgeous. Love the shape of your card and the scrummy embellishments.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card and her dress looks amazing with all those pearls on it and love those butterflies :) hugs Nikki C

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really do have to get to work for the tea timeshift but I pressed 'home' and found more cards...lol..and just love this romantic beauty..gorgeous image and the pearls on her dress are beautiful...I just made one with pearls on the dress but just somehow dont look this good..beautiful card and details.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning!!! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so elegant and I absolutely love that gorgeous image and especially how you've decorated her dress!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, stunning card, so much detail, love it,xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, this is just sooooo stunning! Gorgeous coloring and love how you did her dress!!!
    It was so nice to meet you at LOTV, you're a doll!!! Thank you so much also for giving hubby money for food haha! What a crazy day huh! So glad I meet a new blogging friend!!
    Hugs to you!
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!! Your card is soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very elegant card love the colour combo and those pearls beaded on the image is stunning.
    ~ Denise ~
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty Linda! I love your gorgeous folds colouring and the sweet pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda this is beautiful. Love the die cut and the image is wonderful. I found your blog off Kit and Clowder. I am going to become a follower too. Hope to see you at my blog too.
    Linda K.
    www.ldybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card really is gorgeous. I can see why you would like to hang on to it.

    While the entire card is lovely, the gown is gorgeous with all the pearls. What a great vision.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful! It's a very elegant card! I love dress with pearls and all wonderful details!
    Ileanaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautifl card! I love the edges on the diecut pieces. The flowers are beautiful too. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx