My Lovely Followers

Sunday 19 January 2014

I'm a Tilda-ette!

Good morning !  I hope you're all enjoying your weekend. I'm here with some very exciting news, I'm now part of the Totally Tilda Design Team!
The lovely and incredibly fun Susie Sugar asked me to join the team some time back, and of course I didn't hesitate to say yes,  but as they were all on their Christmas break and not due to start back till today,  I've had to keep it hush hush till now. It was sooo exciting to be asked to be part of this super talented team, and of course using Tildas (and sometimes Edwins) that I love so much.

Totally Tilda challenges are posted on a Sunday and run for 2 weeks, I do hope you'll play along with me. Our challenge this week is masking and I must admit it was a nervous start for me, I was eager to make a good entrance, but I've not ever really masked much before, the closest was masking an image with a texture stamp.  Anyway I did have 2 stamps that I'd bought some time back and never inked and they were perfect for this challenge so I gave it a try. This is what I made.


I decided to go for a monochrome look, mostly because I wasn't too keen on colouring that phone box in red when I was already stressing about the masking lol.  I do like monochrome a lot though, I was going to add just a splash of colour with ribbon or flowers, but after trying a few options I decided I just like it in grey and ivory.  The papers are DCWV, from a 12 x 12 Black Currant stack that I've had in my drawer for ages and rarely ever use, but it was perfect for this.


The stamps I used were London Tilda and Vintage Phone Booth from the Little London collection.  I coloured them with Copics in the W tones. The masking is not perfect, I'm not experienced enough with it to tell wether it's normal to have a few tiny 'missing' spots where the stamp comes off the mask or not.  If so I need to invest in a fine liner I think, if not, I need more practise!


The flowers are all from The Ribbon Girl.  The fab metal book plate up in the corner is by Tim Holtz, love the way it looks on this card, but I was worried when I first added it that it was going to pull the card over with the weight!  Luckily I use quite heavy cardstock, so once the card was all put together that didn't happen *phew*


I added a bit of cheesecloth beneath the matted image, some ivory lace which once again I have virtually covered like a numpty and some silver grey satin ribbon and a sparkly button.


The inside I decorated very simply with matching papers and plenty of space to write a message.

I hope you like my first card for Totally Tilda challenges, do pop across to the blog here and give the rest of the team some love, they've made some fabulous creations, and do get your stamps out and join in.
Our sponsor this week is 

gif maker

and they're giving away this lovely prize to our winner.


You have 2 weeks to show us your wonderful creations, so come on, show us your masking, if I can do it it can't be that hard ! I'm off now to visit some blogs and leave some love.

I've entered the following challenges:


Have a lovely Sunday : ) xx
 

13 comments:

  1. BIG congrats on your new DT place Linda, it is so well deserved.
    I don't think you needed to be nervous - your card is stunning. I love the scene you have created with your images, your colouring is wonderful and all your detailing looks so beautiful too.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, you nailed it Linda. A great job of piecing the two images together and creating a perfect scene and how true for our weather with Tilda carrying an umbrella, lol. I love the monochrome look too but have never tried it. Fabulous card and congratulations on your DT post.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! Your work is beautiful! I am your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Linda this is so beautiful! I love everything about it and I adore the Tim Holtz metal book plate. You have done an awesome job and should be proud of it!!
    Huge congratulations on becoming a Tilderette (so well deserved)!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW gorgeous, adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! such a fabulous card, love the monochrome, shape and your added details. Thanks for joining us at TIlda's Town for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, Tilda looks stunning in black and white!

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Have a great day!

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda congratulation on joining the Totally Tilda DT and thank you for entering our Fussy and Fancy Challenge. I think your card is absolutely beautiful, I love the Tim Holtz touch I think it goes great. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on joining the DT...you are a huge asset and I totally adore your cards and your style.
    Boy but you started with a bang with this one!! It's a stunner ♥

    Big hugs
    Elaine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic monochromatic card. I love your colouring and embellishments. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Linda! I love the design and inside decoration.
    Thanks for sharing at Simply Magnolia.

    XX Inge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Linda, thank you for letting me know about my winning at Time for Magnolia, I had no idea! Weeee! Congratulations on your TOP 3!!!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well CONGRATS X 2 Linda!!! First on your new DT position at TT and for your "Top 5" pick here at Fussy and Fancy "Monochromatic"!!! KOODOOS to you!!! Your work is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx