My Lovely Followers

Monday 7 October 2013

Tiddly Inks Tanker Fairy Flies


If you're looking for my candy it's here.
I got a chance to play and just create something for the fun of it yesterday, which was nice as I have quite a few projects on the burner that need to get finished this week or by the weekend that it was nice to take a little time out and jut be creative for the sheer joy of it.

Anyhooo....here's what I made (and sorry I didn't post it yesterday, I was really busy and then I got so carried away creating I didn't get time to take pics and post).


The papers are the new Autumn Basics by Maja Design, aren't they yummy? These are the 12 x 12 versions.  I thought the hot air ballons and the clocks had a real steam punk feel to then as well as vintage, so I decided to go with the flow.  The clock  and gears dies are from Cheery Lyn and I used a  Go Kreate die to create the card shape. I stitched all the papers with top stitch thread in Nutmeg and inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink.



The image is Tanker Fairy Flies, a Tiddly Inks digi by Christy Croll, I really love the Tiddly Inks stamps, they're so much fun and a joy to colour. She's coloured in Copics as per usual for me and I've just noticed (how embarassing) that I missed  a small lock of her hair, so I shall need to go and touch that in lol.



The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the velvet ribbon (love it) and the seam binding are from The Ribbon Girl, the lace and pine cones (I think they look great here and they're sooo cute) are from Live & Love Crafts as are the Screw style Brads. I can't remember where I got the little clock charm but I think several of the shops sell them.


I cut the cogs in blue corrugated card, toned down the brightness a bit with some white acrylic paint and them added some frantage in shabby white.  I think they look pretty cool attached with the screw brads.


The inside is decorated to complement and coordinate with the front. More of that yummy Maja paper.


To finish I just added some pearls and a couple of flourishes.  You can see the tag pulled out here, this is cut from one of the 12 x 12 sheets which is full of tags, elements and vintage photos, great additions to your cards.
To make the seam binding look shabby I just screw it up into a small ball and then roll it between my hands in little circles so that it creases and textures.

Well that's it from me, don't forget to check out my blog candy here  before you leave.
Have a great evening :) xx

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:





19 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, this is a stunning card. I love Steampunk and you have so many details in this project, every time I look at it I see something else. You are so talented, all your cards are gorgeous. I think I need those papers by Maja Designs they are just beautiful.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fun card - lots of details to look at, wonderful coloring and that stitching... Marvelous!
    Have an awesome day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Love everything about your fabulous card, from the papers and colours, to the great design and stempunk feel. But still so feminine. I loved the Spring Basics pad - your making me feel like I NEED the Autumn one, lol.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the details and colors, this is amazing ...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHA!! This is COOL!! And you used the new Maja papers!! LUCKY!! I'm hoping to get mine in the mail this week. Love that steampunk look. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable, great detail and design. Thank you for joining 613 Ave Create Challenge. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! Really amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous inside & out. Love all the details, great make. Thank you for playing along with us at A Little Bit Crafty this month & good luck in the draw. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful Linda! I love the colour combo you have used and the design is fab! I have that clock die and it is currently one of my favourites!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful elements, I don't know where to start! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is stunning. Fabulous colours and details

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness, this is such a wonderfully cute Steampunk card! Just LOVE it! SO many layers and embellies to feast my eyes on! So glad you joined the challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really happy I did some hopping around the Blogland today, because I got to your blog. :) This creation is amazing!!! I can't wait to see more, so I'm off to hit that "follow" button. :) Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous! Beautifully designed and the details are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at A Creative Romance and Tiddly Inks and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda! What a STUNNER! I am really happy that you got the chance to create something just for fun - because your project is amazing! So intricate, so detailed, so much to look at - and what a fantastic idea to use the clock in such a clever way.
    Thanks so much for sharing your fab card with us at 613 Avenue Create and please come back soon.
    Have a lovely weekend and .... Happy Crafting :).
    Regards and "Hugs", Renata

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is one amazing card! Your details and coloring are just stunning, such a beautiful creation. Thank you for sharing with us at Tiddly Inks for our "Anything Goes" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow linda your cards are just amazing, when i try that style it always looks cluttered but yours are amazing
    caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely AMAZING!!! So much work went into this WOW! New follower here! :)

    Hugs
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this is so fabulous, I love the great design. I thought her hair looked fine and could be whipping in the wind, lol. Love this.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx