My Lovely Followers

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Tailor Tilda for Someone Special

Good evening to all my lovely followers and visitors and a huge welcome to my latest followers, I'm so very glad to have you join me :)   
I'm afraid this post is rather photo heavy.

Today I'm sharing a card I made for my Mum's birthday which is on Thursday. She has opened it today, so I'm safe sharing it here and I just have to say 
Happy Birthday Mum!! 
for when she reads this  tomorrow hehe. 
This is what I made her.


I spotted this stamp a while back, and it wasn't easy to get hold of I had to order from the US in the end as I couldn't seem to find it in stock in the UK, but I knew it was the one I needed as my Mum used to be a Dressmaker and worked in the tailoring trade for many years.  So this was just perfect for her.


I coloured her up to look a bit like my Mum and to match the papers ofc.
I used my Copics (I'm sure you guessed)

Skin: E11, 00, 000, 0000
Hair:E17, 19, 29, 57
Dress, bow and sewing: RV99, 95, 93, 91, V99, 95, 93, 91, G82
Sewing machine and shadow: W7, 5, 3, 2, 0
Table: E43, 41

I added some little dots of liquid pearls around the image.



I must apologise for the pics, the colours are not shown at their best, the soft colours of the papers look a little washed out here under the lamp, but I needed to take some pics quick so I could post the card the next morning, to make sure it arrived on time.  The papers used are from Pion, Alma's sewing room from 6 x 6 collection apart from the elements sheet which is 12 x 12.

I love all those elements you get on the sheets, the tape measure and button and thread cards and the little needle cases you make up, such fun!



I mounted the elements on some card for stability and all  paper elements and backing papers are inked with walnut stain distress ink.

Along with those I added  some little wooden half thread spools. The buttons were salvaged from an old cardigan, they were the perfect colour and size for this.


The flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts, apart from the ribbon rose which is from The Ribbon Girl, the lace which you can only see a tiny bit of cos I've gone and covered it up again like a numpty is also from TRG as is the rose coloured twine.


As usual I decorated the inside to coordinate, you can actually see the lace here, yay! lol


The tags were made with more of the paper elements from the sheet, mounted on card and punched.  I added shabby seam binding from Live & Love Crafts and a couple of sewing related charms and stamped Happy Birthday with an old clear stamp I had that looks like it's been stitched.  I added a Magnolia Doohickey Envelope Edge die to the top and finished off trimming with some pearls and I was done.  I hope you enjoyed sharing it with me.

That's all from me today, but don't forget to pop back Friday for my Crafty Catz DT post, I'm stepping right out of my comfort zone this week!

I'm entering this card for the following challenges:

Fashionista Shabby Chic
Tilda's Town #74 Stitching
Simply Magnolia Flowers & Lace
Midweek Magnolias Songbirds (The Sewing Machine Song - from the film The Perils of Pauline)
613 Avenue Create Anything Goes + Pile it On



Have a great day :) xx





17 comments:

  1. Linda, what a beautiful card for your mum! Lots of great details and those tags! Love it. Thanks for playing this week at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding layout and coloring!!!!!!! The inside is as magnificent as the outside! You mum surely love it.....
    Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Nancie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really nice that you went through all those troubles to get the stamp you thought would be perfect for your mum's card. She's lucky to have such a sweet daughter!
    I'm sure your mum loved this card - it's stunning! I love all the details and all the things you can pull out. Awesome!
    Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and so beautiful! Love all the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at 613 Ave Create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is more than a card it's a work of art and I'm sure your mum was thrilled when she saw it. Such a lot of thought and effort went in to it I can see. Hope you and your mum have a great day.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow linda that is amazing such a lot of detail you have added it is great
    caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is stunning and such a great idea! I am sure your Mum will treasure this beautiful card!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful card, love the colors and gorgeous embellies
    thanks for playign with us at tilda's town
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet and so full of details! :)
    Have a great day, Linda...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful card Linda, Happy Birthday to your Mum.
    Thank you for joining in our stitching challenge at Tilda's Town.
    Hugs Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful, love it. Thanks for sharing with us @ Tilda's Town this week!
    Riet xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo ... this is so gorgous! I love it.
    Colours are amazing!!!!
    Thank you for joining us at the Simply Magnolia challenge. Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi it's Kathi the Co-Owner at 613 Avenue Create and I wanted to let you know that your card was chosen as our winner this week! There was some stiff competition but I just fell in love with yours the moment I saw it :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much for popping over and letting me know, that's really kind of you :) xx

      Delete
  14. Stunning card!!! Gorgeous colours and details! I love it! Tilda is fabulous! Your colouring perfect!
    Hugs
    Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  15. TOTALLY gorgeous, fantastic detailing, fabulous coloring. WOW!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx