My Lovely Followers

Sunday 21 July 2013

Pretty in Pink



Good afternoon, we've certainly had a change in the weather here in Leeds, it's cool and overcast today and I must say that much as I like the sun, this is much nicer weather for crafting.


Apologies for not posting again yesterday as promised, I didn't actually realise what the time was at the time of posting and the day simply ran away with me.


Anyhooo..on to the card.....

I bought this stamp simply because it was so pretty I thought I'd probably end up using it a lot.  So wanting to use her and not having an actual card in mind to make at the time I turned to some current and new challenges and designed a card with those in mind and ended up finding 6 that inspired me that I could use together on one card!

This is the card I ended up making.  Doesn't she look sweet?




This was my first proper go at using Frantage and honestly I can see why people use it lots, it's very addictive, I had to control myself, it's so much fun, but very frustrating when it blows away lol.

I have to give a big thanks to Tracy Payne for her excellent tutorial on how to use this stuff, it gave me the courage to give it a try, thanks so much for sharing that Tracy. 



I coloured Tilda with copics: Skin E00, 21, 13 and R20 for the cheeks.  Dress and shoes R81 & 83 and RV10. Hair E50, 51, 53 and 57




I cut the image out with a Spellbinders nestie circle and backed her with a small paper doily. I used some small white feathers behind the flowers.  DP used was Magnolia which I distressed with a Tim Holtz tool and gave an edging of white acrylic paint.  I used a large white doily and cut another layer of paper with a Spellbinders labels 1 die.



Flowers used are mostly from WOC as is the crystal stem.  The label here is a DooHicky one and the sentiment is from Pink Petticoat this one is useful as I didn't make the card with an event in mind as it can cover various different occasions.



 The Pink heart tag is cut with another Doo Hicky die, love these,  the little clay heart is from LLC and I've frantaged it with Shabby Pink as before.

Ribbon is all from stash.

I hope you enjoyed my first real venture in frantage and shabby chic, the challenges I made this card for are as follows:




That's all from me for now, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and if you've made it to the end her, do please leave me a comment, I do read and cherish every single one xx

16 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful card Linda and so beautifully decorated!!

    I am your latest follower.

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you make such lovely cards yourself I consider that a huge compliment! :D xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Linda! Love the colours and embellies. Thank you for joining us at Simply Magnolia. Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful :)

    Thank you for joining in the challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.
    http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.co.uk

    Julie (AnyOldCraft) GDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love all the pretty details. Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again, such a beautiful card, perfect for our Fuzzy and Fancy challenge
    Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. o my this is lovely...love all your pink....so happy to see you at simply magnolia this time...lizzi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Linda, beautiful colour and great little Tilda. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week.
    Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you everyone for your lovely comments :D xx

      Delete
  8. Your creation is just gorgeous :0)))

    Thanks for playing with us at Simply Magnolia ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing along at Addicted to Stamps Lots of layers challenge.
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beauty, Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps Challenge.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Bunny Zoe's Craft :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. Tilda looks gorgeous & I can imaging how you would want to use the stamp :) Love her flowing hair & you have coloured her in beautifully. I know what you mean about the Frantage. I only used it for the first time on my latest design..& wow...yes, it is very addictive lol. I haven't got a heat gun yet so had to use the toaster lol. Thank you for the tutorial link. I will check it out. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like. Maybe even enter the DT Call? :)

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (Blog Candy)
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns
    Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au (DT Call)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments, Lisa I will get over and visit this week, have family here atm so may not be till the end of the week, sneaking on quick while people are using the bathroom lol xx

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx