My Lovely Followers

Friday 26 July 2013

Farewell Tilda

Wheeeee!!! It's Friday!!  Work is finished and I have the weekend to relax and craft....well once I've caught up with all the chores lol.  I hope everyone is looking forward to their weekend as much as I am.

I have a card to share, I made this one for work colleague who's going off to another department soon. and had a few challenges in mind when I was making it.


I used a die from Go- Kreate to make a shaped card.  The papers are from Maja aren't they beautiful?  I'm really looking forward to using some of the others too. I used 2 Doo-Hicky dies to make the tags and Spellbinders oval nesties and floral oval to frame the image.
The papers are distressed with a bit of white acrylic paint and distress ink in Antique Linen.
I added a doily between the 2 shaped layers and a small amount of cheesecloth under the oval.



The image is Farewell Tilda from the Bon Voyage collection.  I've coloured her with Copics:
Hair: E50, E51, E53 & E57
Skin: E00, E21, E11
Dress, Apron & Boots: B000, B12 & B14, W0, W2 & W3
I've added some glamour dust to the image and some liquid pearls around it.


The Farewell stamp on the tag is by Magnolia, the flowers are from WOC and The Ribbon Girl and the blue seam binding and wooden heart button is also from The Ribbon Girl.
The lace is from stash I think it was recycled from an old outfit!
I gave the flowers and button a light coating of white acrylic and added a few pearls to the corners.

I haven't posted a photo of the inside as it's fairly plain to allow a few people to write a message inside.

Well I hope you like my share for the evening, I plan to use some of my time this weekend catching up on people's blogs, I've seen some lovely cards this week but I just don't seem to have had the time to make many comments so something to catch up on this weekend.

I'm entering this card for the following challenges:





10 comments:

  1. Great card Linda - I'm sure your colleague will love it. Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, it's always nice when I can combine a project with a challenge or 2 and sometimes the challenge gives me a nice inspirational starting point if I'm stuck where to begin :) xx

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous card, such a lovely design and colour scheme, Tilda is adorable and so many beautiful details!!

    Thanks so much for joining along with Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, poor Tilda, she looks so sweet and adorable and you've coloured her so beautifully! Your friend will absolutely love this, who wouldn't! Loved gazing at all your gorgeous details, and thank you for sharing this beautiful card with Midweek Magnolias :o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both for your lovely comments :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Linda,
    What a sweet card. I love this image & your fabulous card design. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and great LO.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Marvelous Magnolia.
    Gr. Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both for your kind comments :) xx

      Delete
  6. Good morning Linda, What a pretty Tilda card, really love the colour, thanks for joining us at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia Bingo Challenge.
    Hugs Teresa x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx